Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Consumerism Presentation

This are some of the slides I designed for my Consumerism presentation. For this presentation I talked on behalf of the consumer and answered questions like why do we buy things we don´t want, when we don´t need it, with money we don´t have. 

I learned at the Bridging the Gap conference at Suffolk University that there are more cellphones than toilets, and I thought it would be a funny fact to add to this presentation. It clearly shows how people may feel keeping in contact is more important than using the bathroom. 

The old style of marketing wasn´t very effective, they would launch a commercial on tv and hope their potential customer would see it.

Nowadays things have changed. They have millions of ads and commercials designed especifically for each of us.

Companies make use of heuristic. When I asked in class what red product was in my backpack, it wasn´t 2 seconds until I heard a classmate say Coca Cola.

 For a presentation about Cosumerism talking about planned obsolescence was mandatory. I talked about the secret organization called Phoebus that was formed in 1924 in order to control the light bulb´s market

Since it´s impossible to prevent people from consuming, I told my classmates that the only thing we can do is to be indifferent towards ads, commercials, and all the methods that are being used so we don´t stop consuming.


No comments:

Post a Comment